Who's counting? God isn't, so neither should I. And I wasn't... until I was told in a less-than-subtle way that I was supposed to. Since then, all I can do is notice who puts what effort into what relationship. And it shouldn't be that way.
We are told to give until it hurts... so what do we do when it hurts? When it is hurting those we love? When those we care about are the ones who make it hurt? Stop giving? Stop being available? Or do we keep trying because it's what we are supposed to do? Because God loves us beyond all hurts and we should strive to love like He loves (even though we can't even begin to do it as well as He does).
He doesn't count. How many times do we screw up and He still loves us and forgives us? He doesn't give up on us. He is so much bigger than I am.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. Again. You have some insensitive folks hanging around! Hope it wasn't the same perpetrator. :o/
ReplyDelete