Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Springtime and motherhood

It's been a busy, fun-filled season so far. We had birthdays to celebrate, a beautiful family photoshoot, cabin camping, mother's day, and there's still more to come, including a graduation, more birthdays, and a cookout to close out the month.



I am so thankful for the blessings God has given me, especially through my sweet little family, and I felt particularly blessed this mother's day. We went on a camping trip for the weekend at Jellystone Park in Waller, TX, with family friends, and it was so much fun! Between fishing, playing in the water, going on walks, feeding donkeys, and having indoor downtime, we had a great time, just being a family, together. It was nice to have no real worries or preoccupations keeping us from giving our full attention to our little girl, and I felt loved and appreciated as a mom. Paul never fails to lift me up and appreciate what I do, acknowledging that it is a job... one he is thankful he doesn't have to do. It makes me feel valuable, and I am thankful to be sharing the task of parenthood with him; he's the best partner! And the gifts he and Ellie got me were just perfect; two of my favorites: a spice jar of sprinkles labeled "Love," (which we now put in all sorts of foods that don't normally take sprinkles), and beautiful silver and copper earrings and matching pendant from James Avery that Ellie picked out (and that she reminds me to wear at every chance she gets). So I'm definitely feeling the love these days.

:-)

1 comment: