Monday, July 22, 2013
Temporary
Ever since becoming a mom of three, I've embraced a new attitude (or at least tried to keep it during our day-to-day happenings). It's the idea that all of this is only temporary. Night feedings. Temporary. Diaper changing. Temporary. Terrible Twos (and Threes, and Fives). Temporary. All of these phases of our lives are short at least, fleeting at most. Knowing this makes the stress or exhaustion of the moment seem less pointed. Having survived the infant/toddler years once makes going through them the second and third times that much easier because I have a better perspective. I was talking about it with another mom a few days ago, and she said that she is sure her oldest child would be a different person if she had been the more relaxed, knowledgeable mom she is now with her second child. That's true for me too. First-time-mom Me really didn't have a clue. It's amazing that I was entrusted with the life of a child! Yet somehow, we both survived. Even if I didn't know what I was doing, God sure knew what He was doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment