Monday, July 27, 2009

Fortune or blessing? Or both?

I love fortune cookies. Except for when they don't have fortunes, just vague statements. But then they are statement cookies. Fortune cookies give hope. And I know it's probably silly to believe or trust or feel anything about a random fortune given by a tiny piece of paper inside a rice cookie, but I must confess that I do sometimes take stock in what they say. For example, Paul once got a fortune that said (paraphrased because I don't remember exactly): "You will never be lacking in money." Well, gosh, that made me feel good. Especially since it was right about the time when I had stopped working and the economy was taking a downturn. And you know what? So far that silly little piece of paper has been right. Even through the short time when future prospects weren't looking too good at Paul's work and I was trying to think of ways I could still be a full-time mommy and help bring in money. Now, he's bringing in new work to the company, so his job is pretty secure and, well, new work means that he is still needed to do said work, so it's a win-win for everybody. Very exciting stuff. Of course I know that a fortune cookie did not make this happen. In fact, I know it's wrong to place my faith in it. But I like to see those types of things as little promises from God. I hope I'm not wrong in doing so. I can honestly say that when we were worried about work and money and whatnot, I kept saying to God, "but you promised..." and sure enough, He did, and He is...

In other news, I hate flash photography and wish I had a camera that was more suitable for low-light.

No comments:

Post a Comment