Thursday, August 27, 2009

So as to chronicle the good

Today was a good food day. Thank God. I am so grateful. I really needed today. It could also be that I decided to change my approach and attitude about it all. I'm just letting things be. If she eats, she eats. If she doesn't, she doesn't. My job is to make sure that the little she does eat is as calorie-laden as possible, so that the half mini pancake she eats gives her enough fuel for her day-to-day moving, growing, learning, and (hopefully) weight-gaining. I also went to Toys R Us and bought her a nifty little table which she loves, though her feet don't quite touch the ground yet. But it helped with the eating. The only downside is that the table and chairs are hollow plastic and therefore very light, so she can move them quite easily on the kitchen tile, which leads to a lot of involuntary (and some voluntary) sliding around while eating. Not ideal, but the novelty of it made her sit and eat half of her lunch. Baby steps.

1 comment: