Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Long-lasting quality, same great price, some dumb ad

We went to the zoo yesterday which was lovely, followed by naptime, pseudolunch, and a doctor's visit. Apparently flu season has begun, for when we walked into the waiting room, there was a long line to check in and half the people donned a face mask, which made me want to take my family and run out the door. There was even a sick child in the well-waiting room. Don't people READ? Idiots. Our appointment was at 3:30, and when we finally saw the doctor at 4:40, he was surprised (and somewhat relieved) to learn that we weren't there for respiratory symptoms. We were there because of 3 mornings of vomiting and a virtually nonexistent appetite. Not too big of a deal for normal children, but based on Little's history, it merited some investigation, and we weren't going to put this off for her 18-month checkup. She just turned 17 today. In the end, doc has no clue what's going on, seeing the dietician seemed to have hurt more than it helped, and we are going to a pediatric GI doc... eventually. We're trying to get the referral, but they are so swamped that they are turning away patients. Fortunately, we have options, and if it takes too long to get in at TCH, we can try to see one in Dallas.

Honestly, I'm relieved that the doc and dad are on the same page (and communicating via e-mail), and that we are finally going to do something about this. We have to get to the bottom of it; it's been far too long of a struggle, and poor Little needs to get better. I'm apprehensive that we won't get seen for another six months, and in the meantime, she withers away to a tiny malnourished toddler. I'm also worried that after they finally do run her little body through all these tests, they still won't be able to figure out what is messing with her eating properly. But I don't know what will happen, so I am not consumed by fear. In fact, I'm only mildly concerned about these things. I feel mostly peace that God will help us through whatever is to come and we will figure it out. And make it better. I'm at a point where I don't feel the need to control every aspect of my life. There are things that I wonder about, but I know that in due time, the answer or solution will come, and the burdens of my heart are in a good place when they are in His Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment