Monday, November 2, 2009

This Emperor Needs New Clothes

This Halloween was my first night without my baby at home. We went to a party. She spent the night at Grammie's. Truthfully, it was more weird than it was nice to get to sleep in the next day. I missed her. We took advantage of having a babysitter in the morning and went to church before picking her up. I even noticed the absence of the nursery pager clipped to my pocket, always buzzing at the most inopportune time because somebody had a dirty diaper. Those dirty diapers always seem to be interrupting something. I was running on the track at the gym today (if this weather keeps up, I'll be there every day!), and there was Ms. Laura, waiting for me to pass by the parking lot, flagging me down so I could go change Little Miss Poopypants. Again. It almost seems like she waits until somebody else is watching her just so that I have to come back. Maybe she just wants to see me. Well sweetheart, the feeling is mutual. As much as it may seem like there isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do because I'm minding my Little, the truth is that if I get to be with her, I don't care what I do, even if it's changing poopy diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment