This week has been pretty crazy. Paul was sick at the beginning of it, Little was sick at the middle of it, and I won't be surprised if I get sick for the end of it. Through it all, though, I am still managing to keep a good attitude about it, and trying extra hard to not complain. And succeeding.
It probably helps that Paul has been so helpful, thankful, and encouraging. I recently became aware of something that I think is so wonderful and positive in our marriage: we are always building each other up when we talk about each other to Little. The other day, I overheard him telling her "mommy is wonderful," and it made me smile to know that he does the same thing I do when he's not around.
Me: Do you love daddy?
Little: Love daddy. Like daddy. He's cool.
That was a real conversation we had. It's awesome. I think it's so important to show her that her parents love each other (and love her also, but that's easy). But really, it's all easy. Maybe because it's just what you do. Or maybe it's because "where there is true love, sacrifice is easy."
The two nights that Little was sick, I appreciated that even more, and I wondered: how do single parents do it? One of us was with Little, bathing her, cleaning her up, and comforting her, while the other changed the sheets, ran the washing machine, and set up clean pajamas, blankets and stuffed animals. I simply couldn't do it alone.
I pray, that in times when I don't feel this complete and happy, I will still be able to find a reason to be thankful.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment