Tuesday, June 22, 2010
30 minutes
Last night, I had every intention of leaving the house at 7:00pm to go knitting. Dinner was over. I still had to do the dishes, but we were playing and changing photos out of the frames, and just being together, the three of us. I looked at my watch. It read 6:50. Ten more minutes, then dishes, then I'll leave. Or heck, the dishes can wait. I'll leave at 7:00. I hid under the couch cushions as Little searched for me. 6:50 again. Geez I should stop checking my watch every second. Just enjoy this moment. And she found me and tickled me. We tickled, we laughed, we hid, we ran around... still 6:50? This must be what time standing still is all about. I thought time flies when I'm having fun! I went to the kitchen for a drink and saw that the microwave read 7:20. Oh. Oops? Looks like my watch stopped. What a gift it was, to have those thirty minutes. I headed out around 7:30, knowing that whatever I missed at knitting was nothing compared to what I would have missed at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment