Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On coming home

You learn a lot about yourself and the people you travel with when on vacation. We are adjusting to life back at home after our family trip to Mexico, and for some reason, I seem to be having trouble getting back into my groove again. Unlike Napa, this was the vacation that was most definitely ready to be over. It wasn't bad, but a week in a foreign (to 2/3 of us) country can be exhausting... especially with a two-year-old. So I'm not sure why I'm restless and having trouble settling back in. I wanted to be home. I was ready for it. I don't wish I were still there... It just feels weird to be back, for some reason, and I'm unmotivated and not finding the same satisfaction in everyday as before. We got home, and I thought "Ok. Now what?" I didn't have anything planned for after our trip, so that probably contributes to these odd feelings. I'm sure they'll pass, so for now, we will keep on moving forward and try to get over being used to eating and eating and eating.
And... see? I'm not even motivated to blog tonight.
Here are a few pics from the trip.







No comments:

Post a Comment