Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Giving thanks for this week so far

November 7: I am thankful for a return to health for Katie and me, which also means a return to our regular sleeping/waking habits. I welcomed my 4am wake-up gladly!

November 8: I am thankful to live in a country where all I have to do to be able to vote is show my driver's license and sign a piece of paper. I know I'm not very patriotic, but I do take my duty to vote seriously, and I appreciate the freedom I have to do it so easily.

November 9: Today I am thankful for Ellie. I love her so much. I love that she sang "Bibbity Bobbity Boo" all day. I love that she spent about thirty minutes combing my hair, playing beauty salon. I love that she "cooks" for me in her play kitchen, makes up names of spices, and tells me I should at least taste the scorpion she made me. I love that she dances along with the dinosaurs on TV. I love that she wants so desperately to do things on her own, yet that her hand reaches for mine when she feels insecure... or when she knows she's supposed to hold my hand. But most of all, I love the way Katie looks at her whenever they are near each other. She looks at her like she can't wait to be able to play, talk, dance, run, laugh with her. It's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment