A few weeks ago at Mass, I finally had that fleeting moment where everything seemed to fall into place. The realization that this is what I was made to do in this life. Ellie was coloring quietly in the pew, Paul was holding Katie, and I just felt a peace and joy as I looked over at them. It was brief and beautiful, a glimpse of my own little slice of Heaven. Such a simple moment, beautiful probably only to me, but it was all I needed. I'm sure throughout the week there are many moments when we are doing similar or equally simple activities, but when I'm knee-deep in the trenches of parenting, keeping house, and maintaining sanity, it's nearly impossible to appreciate the beautiful moments right in front of me.
So today, after a day of wrangling the big kid, constantly feeding a baby on a growth spurt, and giving up a little bit of control, I am thankful that I had that moment about a month ago.
I definitely felt like a human pacifier or a cow connected to a milking machine today. On the other hand, I am thankful that I have nursed Katie longer than I was able to nurse Ellie, and that I have done so without any problems.
Lastly, I have lately been thinking about everything that brought me where I am today, thinking of that "broken road," and I am so thankful for it and the blessings in disguise that came along it.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment