With Thanksgiving coming up, many people on Facebook have been posting things they are thankful for each day, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon but do it in my blog instead. That way I can write more and maybe get back into blogging. Some people are doing 40 days of thankfulness; others are just doing it starting with November, leading up to Thanksgiving. I'll go with the latter, seeing as I'm already 5 days behind... Even though I didn't write these down on the day, I did feel thankful for these things, so without further ado...
November 1: I am thankful for the 3 months that I have been able to know and love my precious baby, thankful that she has been healthy, happy, and growing for these three months.
November 2: I am thankful for modern medicine, especially for the fact that my daddy is a doctor who is able to give me medical advice whenever I need it, for me or my loves.
November 3: I am thankful for little moments, like watching my baby smile at herself in the mirror, or snuggling on the couch with both my girls, or watching Ellie's favorite movie with her.
November 4: I am thankful that my big girl is becoming more independent. It's hard to believe that she is such a big little girl, able to do so much for herself... when did she start to grow up?
November 5, today: I am thankful for my husband, my best friend, my love, my partner in parenting... yesterday and today he took over with Ellie so that I could rest and get better from my cold.
Holding Katie, watching her sleep, has made me think about all the blessings I have in my life and how wonderful it really is, imperfect and all. This is my happily ever after. More to come.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment