Last year, my thoughts wandered toward Mary, the greatness she held in her womb, her patient waiting for Him, and how clearly she pointed me to Christ during that time since I was pregnant too.
This year, again I wait. Again for a business trip to end, but this time it's much shorter. Again for Christmas to bring relief and joy and family. To celebrate Katie's first Christmas. And my thoughts turn to Mary again, this time wondering about her day-to-day life with the Infant God. Did He fuss? Did He ever have diaper blow-outs? What was His nap schedule like? When He got a little older, did she lose her temper if He disobeyed? Did he ever get time-outs or toys taken away?
I had quite the day today, starting with what seemed like a couple of near-disasters that actually turned out fine, followed by a tearful goodbye, and ending in a grumpy/guilty mama who hates having to punish her little girl. In short, I definitely didn't feel like Supermom, and it'd be nice to know if Mary, the ultimate Supermom, ever had days like mine too... and if she ever wished she had just a little time to herself for relief and recharging.
Maybe Mary didn't have all the answers; after all, she was only human too. Or maybe God gave her the grace to mother Him free of stress. I do know that holding my sleeping baby in my arms is so satisfying and comforting, that it's all I need right now. That and the prayer I've held in my heart and repeat often throughout the days:
Lord, help me embrace my vocation of service to my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment