Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Being here now
Every time I stop to sit and write or think or accomplish something creative, I forget all the things that were swirling in my brain earlier in the day, and I do none of it. Next thing I know, a little body is walking toward me for breakfast or to play or to help me with chores, and I've moved on. Of the constant list in my head of all my tasks, only half get written down, and half of those get done. But this morning, it didn't matter. I was up extra early to feed Katie, and by the time she had settled down, it was close to Ellie's waking time, so I decided to sit alone at the table, drink a coffee and eat a strawberry muffin. I thought, I should do... but I didn't. I did nothing but enjoy the quiet and my breakfast. I would love to make this something regular, and maybe eventually turn the time into time with God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment