Thursday, August 15, 2013

Katie's Winnie the Pooh Party

My little girl turned two, and thanks to inspiration from Pinterest, I put together a fun little party to celebrate. I actually was pretty well-organized for this one and didn't feel stressed out at the last minute, as I tend to be, especially with the cake!


I suppose it helped that I started working on the fondant figurines a few weeks early, and I'm especially proud of the gingham fondant and the details on the bottom of the cake.



 
 
The food was fun to tie into the theme, too. We had lots of yummy lunch foods that everyone enjoyed (and there wasn't much left by the end!). To make the signs, I cut popsicle sticks and hot glued them together, adding a little moss from the floral sectionof the craft store on the bottom.

Owl's Wings (bone-in and boneless) with hot and BBQ sauce

 Piglets in blankets
 
Veggies from Rabbit's garden

Ham and cheese pita pocket sandwiches (Kanga's) and PB and J pockets too (Roo's).
Puffy Cheetos were Tigger Tails, and blackberries were Eeyore's thistles.

Pooh's Smackerel was a honey-flavored snack mix which consisted of Honeycomb cereal, golden raisins, Teddy Grahams, and honey wheat pretzel twists. Yum!

 The spread.
 


The drink station.
 
The decorations were simple yet turned our home into a little piece of the Hundred Acre Wood.

Guests were greeted by this sign on the front door.
 
Katie's wall of pictures


Guess what is behind this door! (The bathroom)
 
The lunch table

Beehive chandelier made from a paper lantern and some wooden bees from the craft store.

And of course, we had balloons and streamers spread out everywhere

The favors: books and honey flavoed jelly beans in honey bear bottles.

I like the army of bears.

Aerial view
 
What we did:
Pooh coloring pages
 
Pin the tail on Eeyore
 
Hunny Bean Bag toss into Pooh's mouth. Paul helped me by cutting the wood into the shape I drew, and I painted it and made the bean bag honey pots. 
 Cake time! She was a little apprehensive, but once she ate her fondant Tigger, she was happy.
 
 
Present time!

 OH MY GOODNESS!!!

We also gave all the kids Tigger tails to wear. I sewed them myself!

Birthday girl was so happy!
 
It was a great, fun party, and my girl was loved very much by all our friends and family. I love putting together these parties for my kids. I hope they let me do it for many years to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment