Saturday, August 17, 2013

This week's gag reel

Paul was out of town this week (he's back now!), so life was a little out of whack in his absence. But I kept us all alive, and we might have even had a little fun too. Here's one photo from each day that didn't make the cut for Facebook or Instagram. 

Katie "helped" me cook (and tried to eat all the mushrooms and bell peppers before dinner) on Monday. 

We had a "practice picnic" in our living room before having a real one for dinner on Tuesday evening for version 2.0 of Katie's 2-year-old photoshoot. We tried the week prior, but she was terrified of the photographer (http://blaryphoto.com/), who graciously let us reschedule, so I devised this plan to try to help her not feel so camera-shy. Once I get the pictures, I'll post them and all the details. 

On Wednesday, we went to play at a splash pad, and on the way home, Katie stuck her finger in her nose and declared, "I'm a horn!" I still don't know if she meant "I have a horn" or "I'm a unicorn," but she made me laugh, so I had to do some reach-behind-the-seat-of-the-car photography at a red light. 

Thursday was a really busy day, and it ended with Ellie picking all the icing out of her Oreo cookie dessert and making a "Santa Beard." 

When we first moved into our house, Katie would crawl staight to the springy door stopper things in every room and hit them until they fell off. On Friday, Anthony discovered them. 

So those are just a few tidbits of our week. Small, silly things, which apparently are Katie-dominant. This middle child won't be able to claim when she's older that there aren't enough childhood pictures of her! 

I am glad the week is over and Paul is home. I really learned to appreciate everything he does for our kids and around the house. Now it's time to enjoy the weekend and then gear up for our new routine which starts Monday: Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment