Sunday, August 4, 2013

Winnie the Pooh

Well, the party was a great success. Katie had fun (and got a little overwhelmed), and she was showered with love and sweet presents from our amazing friends and family. I haven't even had time to upload all the pictures I took, but the cake was done early enough that I had zero stress about it (for the first time ever!), and I'm so proud of it...


Close-up of the top of the cake. 

Close up of the bottom tier. 

Eeyore's tail hanging in the tree.

Some flower details. 

More flowers and B'loon. 

Eeyore's thistles and a beehive. 


Aftermath. 

I spared no detail, and my sweet girl loved her cake and her party. The kids begged to eat their favorite fondant characters, and the cake was unrecognizable at the end. One of my friends asked if it didn't hurt a little to see it destroyed, but I actually feel sweet satisfaction in watching the cakes I make get cut up and eaten. I'm glad that Katie wasn't upset about her Friends getting eaten too. She chomped up Tigger and happily shared the others. 

After such a full day, all that's left to do is watch a movie with some popcorn and relax until bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment