Lately, however, thanks to my recent purchase of Ellie's Vacation Bible School CD, we can all agree on the music we listen to in the car. I actually like most of the songs, and their messages, set to Scottish music alternating with upbeat synthesizer songs, while simple, really are good for the soul. The theology may not be very deep, but the lyrics and the message are straightforward:
"Stand strong when life changes, stand strong through the ups and downs."
"His Truth will be our guide through the day and the darkest night."
"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything."
And my favorite...
"The storms of life will push and pull, but we are standing on the rock that never rolls."
(Last summer, I had the same thoughts about the VBS music, and boy did I need to hear that message about "trusting God and leaving our fears behind" sung by those sweet kid-voices.)
Yesterday (and tonight) have been a little rough around here, so those lyrics are helpful reminders to "stand strong." I think they even help Ellie, as I hear her sing to herself when she's frustrated or upset about having to clean up her toys or do a chore I asked her to do even though she doesn't want to.
My job is to bring my kids to God, and many times, in doing so, they bring me to Him also, either by bringing me to my knees, or by singing together about His grace and goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment