While people are out celebrating, here I am having a quiet night at home, thankful that my kids are asleep, hoping this sinus infection goes away and wondering if I have pink eye. Cute, right? Truthfully, I couldn't have asked for a better last day of the year.
I couldn't have asked for a better year, actually. 2011 brought a new job for Paul, the start of school for Ellie, and of course, our Katie. It was never perfect. There were struggles, conflicts, fears... but there were far more reasons to be thankful. I want to try to keep a thankful heart as a new year begins, so I plan on making a rather difficult resolution: To not complain. Not out loud, not in writing, not in my head. I know I will probably fail many times, but if I set out to do it, chances are there are times I will succeed too, and it will help shift my attitude toward gratitude and positivity.
Other goals:
Try something new, regularly.
Lose 20 pounds.
Reduce technology usage.
Learn how to use my new sewing machine... and actually make things with it.
And most importantly... fully embrace my role in the life of my family, with out begrudging my duties, even when I am tired or wish I had more help... without complaint.
This is the life God has given me. This is the life He has called me to. May I wholeheartedly answer His call because I am where I am meant to be; this is what I was created for.
Happy New Year!
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment