Thursday, September 5, 2013

From the mouths of Babes

Both of my girlies are back in school now (well, 2 days of MDO for Katie), and it looks like they both are learning a lot, because they are thinking about new and different things (mostly Ellie) and becoming more confident and proficient in voicing their thoughts (mostly Katie), as evidenced below.

I just had to write down these conversations we've had in the past couple of days. They made me smile. 

Ellie: I'm going to be the first one to get married. 
Me: maybe, maybe not! Anthony could find his princess before you find your prince. 
Ellie: or maybe I might not want to get married!
Me: right...
Ellie: like St. Clare, who was a nun. What if I want to be a nun?
Me: (in my head) Yessssss!

(Of course I don't necessarily want her to be a nun over getting married, nor do I want her to get married over being a nun. I want her to find her vocation and live it to the fullest, whatever it may be).



Katie: I'm a little Melman. And Daddy is a big Melman. (As in, Melman the giraffe from the Madagascar movies). 
Me: what am I?
Katie: a big Melman! Tall as a tree!
Me: so then are you tall as a tree?
Katie: no! I'm little! I'm tall as a flower!

After picking her up from MDO...
Me: did you like your lunch?
Katie: (nodding) you need pack me more. 


And sure enough, her lunch kit was empty! Bigger lunch next time!

Not to be left out of the fun, here's a picture of Anthony's latest trick (since he can't talk and say amusing things yet). 


No comments:

Post a Comment